عنوان مقاله [English]
Expansion of industrial activities, mining and metal plating could cause releasing amount of high heavy metals into seawater and marine sediment led to heavy metals resistant microorganisms. Due to important role of Streptomyces in production of secondary metabolites, enzymes and elements reduction ability, were studied isolation of heavy metals (cadmium and chromium) resistant Streptomyces from marine sediments and coastal waters of Caspian Sea. Marine sediments and water samples were collected from coastal locations aseptically. SCA and KUA were used for the isolation of Streptomyces and biochemical testes like lipid, casein, starch hydrolysis and etc. carried out for identification of Streptomyces and determination of heavy metals (Cr ,Cd) resistant Streptomyces was performed with well diffusion assay and for detection of MIC and MBC used Microdilution assay. Also, amounts of heavy metals in different parts of coastal waters measured with atomic absorption spectrophotometry assay. A total of 41 Streptomyces isolated from coastal locations 7 isolated (17/07%) showed chromium resistant to 300mg/l, 5 isolated (12/19%) showed cadmium resistant to 600mg/l. There was a significant difference between Streptomyces, temperature, pH and salt concentration (P < 0.01). Due to existence of heavy metals (Cd,Cr) resistant Streptomyces in the Caspian Sea probability can use them as well suited agents for Bioremediation.
1. Baldwin, D.R. and Marshall W.J., 1999. Heavy metal poisoning and its laboratory investigation, J.Ann.Clin.Biochem. 36 pp: 267-300.
2. Deepika, T.L. And Kannabiran, K. ,2009. A morphological , Biochemical and Biological Studies of Halophilic Streptomyces sp. Isolated from Saltpan Environment, Am. J.Infect.Dis 5(3) pp:200-206.
3. Huang, Q.,Chen,W. and Xu, L., 2005. Adsorption of Copper and Cadmium by Cu- And Cd-resistant Bacteria and Their Composites with Soil Colloids and Kaolinite, J. Geomicrobiol. Vol .22 pp: 227-236.
4. Jensen, P. R., Dwight R. and Fenical, W. , 1991. Distribution of Actinomycetes in near-shore tropical marine sediments, J. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 57 pp:1102–1108.
5. Lesmana,S.O., Febrianaa, N., Soetaredjo, F.E., Sunarso, J., Ismadji, S., 2009. Studies on potential applications of biomass for the separation of heavy metals from water and wastewater, J. Biochemical Engineering 44 pp:19-41.
6.Morales, D.K., Ocampo, W., Zambrano, M.M., 2007. Efficient removal of hexavalent chromium by a tolerant Streptomyces sp. Affected by the toxic effect of metal exposure, J. Appl. Microbiol .103(6) pp: 2704-2712.
7 .Polti, M.A., Amoroso, M.J., Abate C.M.,2007. Choromium (VI) resistance and removal by Actinomycete strains isolated from sediments, J. chemosphere 67 pp:660-667.
8. Poopal, A.C., Laxman, R.S., 2009. Studies on biological reduction of chromate by Streptomyces griseus, J.Hazardous Materials 169 pp:539-545. 9. Ravel, J., Schrempf, H. and Hill, R. T. ,1998. Mercury Resistance Is Encoded by Transferable Giant Linear plasmids in Two Chesapeapeake bay Streptomyces strins, J.Appl .Environ.microbiol. Vol.64.No.9 pp:3383-3388. .
10. Remya, M., Vijayakumar, R.,2008. Isolation and characterization of marine Antagonistic Actinomycetes from west coast of India, J.Medicine and Biology Vol.15 No.1 pp:13-19.
11. Rho, J.Y. and Kim, J.H. ,2002. Heavy metal biosorption and its signifiacance to metal tolerance of Streptomycetes, J.microbiol Society of corea, Vol. 40 No.1 pp:51-54. .
12 .Rifaat, H.M, Mahrous, K.F . , Khalil, W. K.B, 2009.Effect of heavy metals upon Metallothioneins in some Streptomyces Species Isolated from Egyption soil, J.Sciences in Environmental Sanitation 4(3) pp:197-206.
13. Schmidt,A., Haferburg,G., Schmidt,A., Lischke, U., Merten,D., Ghergel,F.,
Bu¨chel,G., Kothe, E., 2009. Heavy metal resistance to the extreme: Streptomyces strains from a former uranium mining area, J. Chemie derErde 69 pp:35-44.
14. Senthilkumar, S., Sivakumar, K. and kannan, L.,2005.Mercury resistant halophilic Actinomycetes from the salt marsh environment of velar estuary, southeast coast of India,J.Aqua.Biol. Vol. 20(1) pp:141-145.
15. Shirling, EB., Gottlieb, D. 1968.Cooperative description of type culture of Streptomyces II species description from first study, Int. J. Syst Bacteriol 18pp:69-18.
16. Yadav, A.K., Kumar, R., Saikia, R., Bora, T.C. , Arora, D.K.,2009.Novel copper resistant and antimicrobial Streptomyces isolated from Bay of Bengal,India,J.de mycology Medical 19 pp:234-240.