عنوان مقاله [English]
Hydatidosis has been recognized as one of the most important zoonotic diseases in different parts of the world, including Iran. Serological methods that can detect hydatidosis with high sensitivity and specificity are have high value. In this study, the antigen B fluid of hydatid cysts was isolated and Dot-Blot technique performed on serum samples from human and sheep with hydatid cysts and healthy samples to evaluate their accuracy, sensitivity and specificity. After completing all stages of the dot blot test on 200 samples, it was found that the accuracy of the test in human cases is equivalent to 96% and in sheep cases it is equivalent to 92%. The sensitivity of this test is 92% in human cases and 84% in sheep. The test specificity is also 100% in both cases calculated. The evaluation of all of these cases indicates that B antigens have a high value in the diagnosis in hydatidiosis, and the dot blot technique using this antigen can be valuable as a diagnostic method and also as a method initial screening should be used.
1. Ananda, K.J., D’souza, P.E. 2015. Immunodiagnosis of Echinococcus granulosus infection in dogs by counter immunoelectrophoresis (CIEP). Journal of parasitic disease, 39: 654-657.
2. Arianpour, N. 2005. Medical Parasitology, First Edition, Tehran University Publishing, Tehran, 273-308. (In Persian)
3. Arizi, F., Haghpanah, B., Ghayour, Z., Mosavat, B. 2005. Diagnostic value of antigen B and protoscolex antigen of hydatid cyst using Dot-Bloting method. Scientific Journal of Hamedan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, 4: 49-54. (In Persian)
4.. Asghari, M., Mohebali, M., Kia, E.B., Farahnak, A., Arianipour, M., Asadian, S., Rokni, M.B. 2013. Seroepidemiology of Human hydatidosis using AgB-ELISA test in Arak. Iranian Journal Public Health, 42: 391-396.
5. Aslan, M., Celik, D.G., Yuksel, S., Cakan, H., Bahar, H., Abdelkaream, A., Ziver, T., Yakar, H., Kocazeybek, B. 2012. The diagnostic role of indirect fluorescence antibody in cystic echinocossus and the role of western blot in following-up patients with cystic echinococcus after surgery. African Journal of Microbiology Research, 6: 6432-6437.
6.Baratlo, A., Safari, S.2015. Definition and simple calculation of the sensitivity, specificity and accuracy of a test. Journal of Iranian emergency medicine, 2-2:105-107 (In Persian).
7. Biava M.F., Dao, A.S., Fortier, B. 2001. Laboratory diagnosis of cystic hydatic disease. World Journal of Surgery, 25: 10-14.
8. Eslami, E. 2006. Veterinary worma, Third Edition, Volume II, Tehran University Publishing, Tehran, 120-155. (In Persian)
9. Fotoohi, S., Hashemi Tabar, G.R., Borji, H. 2013. Serodiagnosis of human hydatidosis with an ELISA developed based on antigens derived from sheep hydatid cyst and comparison with a commercial human ELISA kit. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine, 6: 723-727.
10. Ghaffarifar, F., Dalimiasl, A., Zavazan Hosseini, A., Jalousian, F., 2004. Antibody production against hydatid cyst antigens using Immunoblot method. Journal of Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences and Health Services Yazd, 12: 33-36 (In Persian).
11. Harandi, M.F., Hobbs, R., Adams, P., Mobedi, I., Morgan-ryan, U., Thompson, R. 2002. Molecular and morphological characterization of Echinococcus granulosus of human and animal origin in Iran. Parasitology Journal, 125: 367-373.
12. Harris, K.M., Morris, D.L, Tudor, R. 1986. Clinical and radiological features of simple and hydatid cysts of liver. British Journal of Surgery, 73: 835-838.
13. Lissandrin, R., Tamarozzi, F., Piccoli, L., Tinelli, C., De Silvestri, A., Mariconti, M., Meroni, V., Genco, F., Brunetti, E. 2016. Factors influencing the serological response in hepatic Echinococcus granulosus infection. The American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene, 94: 166-171.
14. Maleki, F. 2007. Human and Parasitic Diseases, First Edition, Iranian Medical Science Publishing, Tehran, 127-143. (In Persian)
15. Menghi, C., Gatta, C., Arias, L. 2017. Human cystic and alveolar echinococcosis. Current options in Infectious Disease, 9: 210-222.
16. Mohammadzadeh, T., Sadjjadi, S.M., Sarkari, B., Ito, A. 2012. Comparison of the usefulness of hydatid cyst fluid, native antigen B recombinant antigen B8/1 for serological diagnosis of cystic echinococcosis. Journal of Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 106: 371-375.
17. Moro, P.L. 2016. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of echinococcosis. Up to date, 1.
18. Nourjah, N., Sahba, G., Baniardalani, M., Chavshin, A. 2004. Study of 4850 operated hydatidosis cases in Iran. Southeast Asian Journal Tropical Medical Public Health, 35: 218-222.
19. Parija, S.C. 2008. Textbook of medicine parasitology, Protozoology & Helminthology. SciELO Brasil.
20. Rahimi, H., Sadjjadi, S., Sarkai, B. 2011. Performance of antigen B isolated from different hosts and cyst locations in diagnosis of cystic echinococcosis. Iranian Journal of Parasitology, 6: 120.
21. Rokni, M. 2009. Echinococcosis/hydatidosis in Iran. Iranian Journal of Parasitology, 4: 1-
22. Sadjjadi, S.M., Abidi, H., Sarkari, B., Izadpanah, A., Kazemian, S. 2007. Evaluation of enzyme linked immunosorbent assay, utilizing native antigen B for serodiagnosis of human hydatidosis. Iranian Journal of Immunology, 4: 167-172.
23. Saebi, A. 2009. Iranian Parasitic Diseases, Second Edition, Volume II, Ayizh Publishing, Tehran, 147-169 (In Persian).
24. Shafiei, R., Teshnizi, S.H., Kalantar, K., Gholami, M., Mirzaee, G., Mirzaee, F. 2016. The seroprevalence of human cystic echinococcosis in Iran: a systematic review and meta-analysis study. Journal of Parasitology Research.
25. Sheeba, A., Sangaran, A., Latha, B. 2016. Diagnosis of cystic echinococcosis in buffaloes by native 8kDa antigen using latex agglutination test (LAT). Journal of Parasitic Diseases, 40: 1401-1405.
26.Zhang, W., Li, J., Jones, M.K., Zhang, Z., Zhao, L., Blair, D., McManus, D.P. 2010. The Echinococcus granulosus antigen B gene family comprises at least 10 unique genes in five subclasses which are differentially expressed. PLOS neglected tropical
disease, 4: e784.