عنوان مقاله [English]
Rainbow trout is one of the main species of Salmonidae family. With high economic value and demand, large part of the aquaculture production has been allocated to this species. Therefore, study on diets that affect the feeding and growth can be a helpful way to improve trout culture. Seventy rainbow trout with an average weight of 170 ± 10 g were placed in 70-liters containers. Three treatments were considered for this study, including (0 (control), 400 and 800 mg/kg food). After fish were fed through different concentrations of vitamin C on days 5 and 10, fish were sampled for blood serum analysis. ALP activity in 400 and 800 mg/kg vitamin C groups on day 10 showed a statistically significant increase compared to control group (P<0/05). On days 5 and 10, ALT activity at 400 mg/kg vitamin C decreased significantly compared to control (P <0/05). On the fifth day, AST and ACP enzyme activity showed a significant difference (P<0/05) between the groups of 400 and 800 mg/kg vitamin C, it significantly increased compared to control (P<0/05). On day 10, AST enzyme activity showed a significant increase in 800 mg/kg vitamin C group compared to the other treatments (P<0/05). Overall, it can be concluded that 400 mg/kg vitamin C in the diet of rainbow trout has the ability to impact on the performance of ALT enzyme.
1. Ahmad, M., A. S. Khan. I. Pirincci and B. Tasdemir. 2003. Naturally occurring antioxidant vitamin levels in patients with type-II diabetes mellitus. Journal of Ayub Medical College Abbottabad 15(1): 54-57.
2. Ai, Q., K. Mai. C. Zhang. W. Xu. Q. Duan. B. Tan and Z. Liufu. 2004. Effects of dietary vitamin C on growth and immune response of Japanese seabass, Lateolabrax japonicus. Aquaculture 242(1-4): 489-500.
3. Aviram, M., M. Kaplan. M. Rosenblat and B. Fuhrman. 2005. Dietary antioxidants and paraoxonases against LDL oxidation and atherosclerosis development. Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology 170: 263-300.
4. Chapman, P.M., R. N. Dexter and E. R. Long. 1998. Synoptic measures of sediments contamination, toxicity and infaunal -community composition (the Sediment Quality Triad) in San Francisco Bay. Marine Ecological Progress Series 37: 75-93.
5. Christ-Crain, M., C. Meier. J. Puder. J. Staub. P. Huber and U. Keller. 2004. Changes in liver function correlate with the improvement of lipid profile after restoration of euthyroidism in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism. Exclinal Journal 3: 1-9.
6. Dabrowski, K. 2001. Ascorbic acid in aquatic organisms Status and Perspectives. CRC Press, Florida, US.
7. Edsall, C.C. 1999. A blood chemistry profile for lake trout. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health 11(1): 81-86.
8. Faramarzi, M., 2012. Effect of Dietary Vitamin C on Growth and Feeding Parameters, Carcass Composition and Survival Rate of Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio), Global Veterinaria 8 (5): 507-510.
9. Flora, S.J.S., and S.K. Tandon. 1986. Prevention and therapeutic effects of thiamin, ascorbic acid and their combination in lead intoxication. Acta Pharmacologica Et Toxicologica 58(5): 8-374.
10. Garcia, F., F. Pilarski. E. M. Onaka. F. R. Moraes and M. L. Martins. 2007. Hematology of piaractus mesopotamicus fed diets supplemented with vitamins C & E, challenged by Aeromonas hydrophila. Aquaculture 271(1-4): 39-46.
11. Gatlin, D.M. 2002. Nutrition and fish health. In: Fish Nutrition, (ed. Halver, J.E., Hardy, R.W.). Academic Press 671–702.
12. Hao, L., Z. Wang and B. Xing. 2009. Effect of sub-acute exposure to TiO nanoparticles on oxidative stress and histopathological changes in Juvenile Carp (Cyprinus carpio). Journal of Environmental Sciences 21(10): 1459-1466.
13. Heydarnejad, M.S., M. Najafi. M. Mobini- Dehkordi and S. Rahnama. 2014. An assessment of acute oral toxicity of ZnO nanoparticles on serum biochemical function of liver in mice. Journal of Shahrekord University of Medical Sciences 16(1): 65-71.
14. Kassab-Chekir, A., S. Laradi. S. Ferchichi. A. Haj Khelil. M. Feki. F. Amri. H. Selmi. M. Bejaoui and A. Miled. 2003. Oxidant, antioxidant status and metabolic data in patients with beta-thalassemia. Clinica Chimica Acta 338(1-2):79-86.
15. Kim, D.H., and B. Austin. 2006. Innate immune responses in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss, Walbaum) induced by probiotics. Fish and Shellfish Immunology 21(5): 24-513.
16. Kiron, V. 2012. Fish immune system and its nutritional modulation for preventive health care. Animal Feed Science and Technology 173: 111-133.
17. Mclarebn. A., E. Keller. J. O'Donnedl and A. Elvehjecm. 1947. The nutrition of rainbow trout; studies of vitamin requirements. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 15(2): 78-169.
18. Medina, J., and R. Moreno-Otero. 2005. Pathophysiological basis for antioxidant therapy in chronic liver disease. Drugs 65(17): 61-2445.
19. Miar, A., A. Matinfar. M. Shamsaei and M. Soltani. 2013. Effects of Different Dietary Vitamin C and E Levels on Growth Performance and Hematological Parameters in Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss), World Journal of Fish and Marine Sciences 5 (2): 220-226.
20. Moss, D.W. and Henderson, R. 1999. Clinical Enzimology. In: Burtis, C.A. and Asheewd, E.R. 1994. Text book of clinical chemistry. 3rd Ed. W.B. Saunders Company. Philadelphia. 617-721.
21. Muntro, D., M. Marrero. M. S. Izquierdo. L. Robaina. J . M. Vergara and L. Tort. 1998. Effect of vitamin E and C dietary supplementation on some immune parameters of gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata) juveniles subjected to crowding stress. Aquaculture 171(3-4): 269–278.
22. NRC. 2011. Nutrient Requirements of Fish and Shrimp. National Academies Press, Washington DC.
23. Parma, M.J., A. Loteste. M. Campana and C. Bacchetta. 2007. Changes of hematological parameters in Prochilodus lineatus (Pisces, Prochilodontidae) exposed to sublethal concentration of cypermethrin. Journal of Environmental Biology 28(1):147-49.
24. Rahimi, M., M. Sudagar. H. Ouraji. S. A. Hosseini and V. Taghizadeh. 2012. The effect of vitamin C on growth performance, survival rate, hematological parameters and response to heat stress in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Journal of Veterinary Research 67(4): 373-380.
25. Rasouli, S., and K. Abdi. 2005. Principles of fish immunology. published by Simorgh. Tehran, Iran.
26. Saha, S., and A. Kaviraj. 2009. Effects of cypermethrin on some biochemical parameters and its amelioration through dietary supplementation of ascorbic acid in freshwater catfish Heteropneustes fossilis. Chemosphere 74(9): 9-1254.
27. Satari, M., D. Shahsavani and S. Shafiee. 2005. Ichthyology and systematic. Haghshenas Press. Tehran, Iran.
28. Sato, M., T. Kondo. R. Yoshinaka and S. Ikeda. 1982. Effect of dietary ascorbic acid levels on collagen formation in rainbow trout. Bulletin of the Japanese Society for the Science of Fish 48(4): 553-556.
29. Sayad Burani, M., H. Khara. M. Sayad Buran and S. E. Fakharzadeh. 2015. The effect of vitamin C and E supplement in diet on the growth and immunological parameters of Caspian salmon (Salmo trutta caspius). Iranian Scientific fisheries Journal 23(4): 85-95.
30. Secombes, C.J. 1997. The Nonspecific Immune System: Cellular Defenses. Fish Physiology 15: 63-103.
31. Shahsavani, D., M. Mohri and A. Jamialahmadi. 2013. Effect of Thiamin (Vit B1) on serum activities of some enzymes following lead exposure in common carp (Cyprinus carpio). Iranian Journal of Veterinary Clinical Sciences 6(2): 37-44.
32. Tatina, M., M. Bahmani. M. Soltani. B. Abtahi and M. Gharibkhani. 2010. Effects of Different Levels of Dietary Vitamins C and E on Some of Hematological and Biochemical Parameters of Sterlet (Acipenser ruthenus). Journal of fisheries and aquatic Science 5(1): 1-11.
33. Tohidi, M., H. Harati. F. Hadaegh. Y. Mehrabi and F. Azizi. 2008. Association of liver enzymes with incident type 2 diabetes: A nested case control study in an Iranian population. BMC Endocrine Disorders 8: 5-9.
34. Tookmehchi, A., H. Shamsi. S. Meshkini R. Delshad. R and A. Ghasemi Moghanjoei. 2012. Dietary administration of vitamin C and Lactobacillus rhamnosus in combination enhanced the growth and innate immune response of the rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss. Iranian Scientific Fisheries Journal 21(3): 13-22.
35. Treves-Brown, K., 2000. Applied Fish Pharmacology. Master of Arts, Cambridge. UK.
36. Vesely, T., S. Reschova. D. Pokorova. J. Hulova and Z. Nevorankova. 2006. Production of monoclonal antibodies against immunoglobulin heavy chain in common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.). Veterinarni Medicina 51 (5): 296–302
37. Winston, G. W., F. Regoli. A. J. Dugas. J. H. Fong and K. A. Blanchard. 1998. A rapid G.C. assay for determining oxyradical scavenging capacity of antioxidants and biological fluids, Free Radical. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 24(3): 93-480.
38. Yoshida, M., K. Ishigaki. T. Nagai. M. Chikyu and V. G. Pursel. 1993. Glutathione concentration during maturation and after fertilization in pig oocytes: relevance to the ability of oocytes to form male pronucleus. Biology of Reproduction 49(1): 89-94.