عنوان مقاله [English]
Colibacillosisis one of the common illness in the Broiler chicken farms that increase resistance and overuse of drugs in recent years has brought a lot of losses. The aim of the current study was the detection of bla TEM, bla CTX-M and bla SHV in Escherichia coli isolated from poultry by multiplex-PCR and their antibiotic susceptibility profile. A total of 60 isolates of E. coli were collected from the poultry. The antibiotic susceptibility test was determined using the disk diffusion method agreeing with CLSI guideline. Cellular DNA was extracted by CinnaPure-DNA (Cell culture, Tissues, Gram negative Bacteria and CSF) and MPCR was performed for the identification of the CTX-M, SHV and TEM genes.
The antibiotic susceptibility test results showed that, the lowest and highest resistance rate were related to imipenem (0%) and aztronam (77%) , respectively. 41(68.3%) , 28(46.6%) and 0(0.0%) strains were positive for CTX-M, TEM and SHV, respectively. 16(26%) isolates carry out both TEM and CTX-M. Disk diffusion method for laboratory diagnosis of ESBLs is highly functional and cost-effective method that can be given to the importance of ESBLs-producing organisms to test routine is added. In addition, PCR assay for genotyping can be used.
1. Baron EJ. Bailey and Scott’s diagnostic microbiology. Mosby Company 2001; 10(1) :171-86.
2. Janben T, Schwarz C, Preikschat P, Voss M, Philipp HC, Wieler LH. Virulence-associated genes in avian pathogenic Escherichia coli (APEC) isolated from internal organs of poultry having died from colibacillosis. International Journal of Medical Microbiology. 2001; 291(5) :371-8.
3. Marrs CF, Zhang L, Foxman B. Escherichia coli mediated urinary tract infections: are there distinct uropathogenic E. coli (UPEC) pathotypes. FEMS microbiology letters. 2005; 252(2) :183-90.
4. Bozorgmehr MH, Shojadoust B, Akbari E, Kelidari Y, Shaykhi N.Poultry disease guideline. 2014, Kusareconomics organization publication, 1th, Tehran.
5. Sahm DF, Thornsberry C, Mayfield DC, Jones ME, Karlowsky JA. Multidrug-Resistant Urinary Tract Isolates of Escherichia coli: Prevalence and Patient Demographics in the United States in 2000. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy. 2001; 45(5) :1402-6.
6. Canton R, Valverde A, Machado E, Peixe L. Prevalence and spread of extended spectrum b-lactamases producing Entrobacteriaceae in Europe. Clin Microbiol Infect 2008; 14(1) : 144-56.
7. Colom K, Perez J, Alonso R, Fernandez-Aranguiz A, Larino E, Cisterna R. Simple and reliable multiplex PCR assay for detection of blaTEM, blaSHV and blaOXA-1 genes in Enterobacteriaceae. FEMS Microbiol Letters 2003; 223(2) : 147-51.
8. Duttaroy B, Mehta S. Extended spectrum beta-lactamases (ESBL) in clinical isolates of Klebsiella pneumoniae and Escherichia coli. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2005; 48(1) : 45-8.
9. Duttaroy B, Mehta S. Extended spectrum b-lactamases (ESBL) in clinical isolates of Klebsiella pneumoniae and Escherchia coli. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2005; 48(1) : 45-8.
10. Eisner A, Feierl G, Kessler H, Marth E, Livermore D, Woodford N. Emergence of Enterobacteriaceae Isolates Producing CTX-M Extended-Spectrum ß-Lactamase in Austria. Antimicrob Agents CH 2006; 50(2) : 785-7.
11. Senda K, Arakawa Y, Nakashima K, Ito H, Ichiyama S, Shimokata K, et al. Multifocal outbreaks of metallo-beta-lactamase-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa resistant to broad-spectrum beta-lactams, including carbapenems. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy. 1996; 40(2) :349-53.
12. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards. Performance standard for antimicrobial susceptibility testing, 15In information supplement (M100- 315). National committee for Clinicallaboratory standards, Wayne, Pa. 2013.
13. Marra A, Pereira C, Castelo A, do Carmo Filho J, Cal R, Sader H, et al. Health and economic outcomes of the detection of Klebsiella pneumoniae-produced extended-spectrum β-lactamase (ESBL) in a hospital with high prevalence of this infection. International journal of infectious diseases. 2006; 10(1) :56-60.
14. Hindi AK, Addos SA, Ahmed EE. Molecular study on multidrug resistant of Salmonella enterica isolated from patient with enteric fever in Najaf-Province/Iraq.
15. Monstein HJ, Östholm‐BalkhedÅ, Nilsson M, Nilsson M, Dornbusch K, Nilsson L. Multiplex PCR amplification assay for the detection of blaSHV, blaTEM and blaCTX‐M genes in Enterobacteriaceae. APMIS. 2007; 115(12) :1400-8.
16. Van den Bogaard A, London N, Driessen C, Stobberingh E. Antibiotic resistance of faecal Escherichia coli in poultry, poultry farmers and poultry slaughterers. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2001; 47(6) :763-71.
17. Bush K. Classification of beta-lactamases: groups 1, 2a, 2b, and 2b'. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy. 1989; 33(3) :264.
18. Bauernfeind A, Stemplinger I, Jungwirth R, Ernst S, Casellas J. Sequences of beta-lactamase genes encoding CTX-M-1 (MEN-1) and CTX-M-2 and relationship of their amino acid sequences with those of other beta-lactamases. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy. 1996; 40(2) :509-13.
19. Mobasher Karjedi E., Nahaii MR, Mobin H, Pornour M, Sadeghi J. Molecular evaluation of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase SHV gene in E. coli and K. pneumonia isolated from clinical samples from 4 hospital teaching in Tabriz. Iranian journal of microbiology. 2008; 2(3,4) ;9-17.[in Persian]
20. Meyer E, Gastmeier P, Schwab F. The burden of multiresistant bacteria in German intensive care units. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2008; 62(6) :1474-6.
21. Ghanbarpour R., Banavand R., Hemati Z. Detection of beta-lactamase genes and patterns of antibiotic resistance in Escherichia coli isolated from Colibacillosisin Ilam province. Journal of Veterinary Research Laboratory. 2012; 4(1) ;90.[in Persian]
22. Ho PL, Chun-Wai Wong R, Chow KH, Yip K, Sai-Yin Wong S, Que TL. CTX-M type beta-lactamases among fecal Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates in non-hospitalized children and adults. Journal of microbiology, immunology, and infection. 2008; 41(5) :428-32.