عنوان مقاله [English]
The effect of stocking density and dietary aflatoxin B1 along with rosemary and thyme powders on intestinal digestive enzymes activity of rainbow trout was evaluated. Total of 600 fish with an average weight of 90±3 were randomly allotted among six experimental groups consisted of two stocking density (15 and 45 kg.m-3), aflatoxin contamination (0 and 50 ppb) with/without including 4 % herbal blend powder (2% rosemary and 2% thyme). Each treatment was replicated thrice and the experiment was lasted for 6 weeks. Stocking at high density and receiving aflatoxin B1 contaminated diet resulted in higher digestive enzymes activity including amylase, lipase and alkaline protease (p≤0.05). It seemed that including herbal blend consisting of rosemary and thyme powder could mitigate pathologically elevated digestive enzymes activity due to dietary aflatoxin contamination (p≤0.05). In conclusion, dietary inclusion of rosemary and thyme multi-blend in aflatoxin contaminated diets at the studied level could ameliorate undesirable effects of aflatoxin on intestinal digestive enzymes activity of rainbow trout reared at various densities.
1. Applegate, T., J. Schatzmayr, G., Pricket, K., Troche, C., Jiang, Z. 2009. Effect of aflatoxin culture on intestinal function and nutrient loss in laying hens. Poultry Science 88(6): 1235-1241.
2. Bello, O. S.; EMIKPE, B. O. & OLAIFA, F. E. The body weight changes and gut morphometry of Clarias gariepinus juveniles on feeds supplemented with walnut (Tetracarpidium conophorum) leaf and onion (Allium cepa) bulb residues. International Journal of Morphology 30(1):253- 257, 2012.
3. Bliss, M.C. Jr, Wolfe, M.M., 2010. Common Clinical Manifestations of Gastrointestinal Disease. In: Andreoli and Carpenter’s Cecil Essentials of Medicine, Benjamin, I.J., Griggs, R.C., Wing, E.J. (Eds.), Saunders Elsevier, Philadephia, pp. 382-400.
4. Bradford, M., M. 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72: 248-254.
5. Bolasina, S., Perez, A., Yamashita, Y. 2006. Digestive enzymes activity during ontogenic development and effect of starvation in Japanese flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus. Aquaculture 252: 503-515.
6. Chavez-Sanchez, M.C., Palacios, C.M., Moreno, I.O., 1994. Pathological effects of feeding young Oreochromis niloticus diets supplemented with different levels of aflatoxin B1. Aquaculture 127(1): 49-60.
7. Chong, A. S. C., Hashim, R., Lee, C. Y., Ali, B. A., 2002. Partial characterization and activities of proteases form the digestive tract of discus fish (Symphysodon aequifasciata). Aquaculture 203: 321-333.
8. Dong, J., Zhao, Y.Y., Yu, Y.H., Sun, N., Li, Y.D., Wei, H., Yang, Z.Q., Li, X.D., Li, L., 2018. Effect of stocking density on growth performance, digestive enzyme activities, and nonspecific immune parameters of Palaemonetes sinensis. Fish and Shellfish Immunology 73: 37-41.
9. Etemadi A, Sadjadi A, Semnani S, et al (2008). Cancer registry in Iran: a brief overview. Archives of Iranian Medicine 11, 577-80.
10. FAO, 2015. FAOSTAT. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy.
11. Hahm, D. H., Yeom, M., Lee, E. H., Shim, I., Lee, H. J., Kim, H.Y., 2001. Effect of Scutellariae radix as a novel antibacterial herb on the PPK (Polyphosphate kinase) mutant of Salmonella typhimurium. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 11(6):1061-1065.
12. Iijima, N., Tanaka, S. and Ota, Y., 1998. Purification and characterization of bile salt-activated lipase from the hepatopancreas of red sea bream, Pagrus major. Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, 18(1): 59-69.
13. Imani, A., Bani, M., S. Noori, F., Farzaneh, M., Moghanlou, K., S. 2017. The effect of bentonite and yeast cell wall along with cinnamon oil on aflatoxicosis in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss): Digestive enzymes, growth indices, nutritional performance and proximate body composition. Aquaculture 476: 160-167.
14. Largmani, C., 1990. Evaluation of ionic trypsin for acute pancreatitis. Methods in Enzymology 74:272–290.
15. Lazarevic, J., Peric-Mataruga, V., Vlahovic, M., Mrdakovic, M. and Cvetanovic, D., 2004. Effects of rearing density on larval growth and activity of digestive enzymes in Lymantria dispar L. (Lepidoptera: Lymantriidae). Folia Biologica-Krakow, 52: 105-112.
16. Liu, G. , Ye, Z. , Liu, D., Zhu, S. 2018. Influence of stocking density on growth, digestive enzyme activity, immunity, and cortisol levels of subadult half-smooth tongue sole Cynoglossus semilaevis in a recirculating aquaculture system. North American Journal of Aquaculture (in Press).
17. Marchioro, A., Mallmann, A., O. Diel, A., Dilkin, P., Rauber, R., H. Blazquez, F., J., H. Oliveira, M., G., A., Mallmann, C., A. 2013. Effects of aflatoxins on performance and exocrine pancreas of broiler chickens. Avian Disease 57: 280-284.
18. Mohagheghzadeh A., Shams-Ardekani M., Ghannadi A. and Minaeian M. 2004. Rosmarinic acid from Zataria multiflora tops and in vitro cultures. Fitoterapia 75:315-321.
19. Nazdar, N., Imani, A., Noori, F. and Moghanlou, K.S., 2018. Effect of Silymarin Supplementation on Nickel Oxide Nanoparticle Toxicity to Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) Fingerlings: Pancreas Tissue Histopathology and Alkaline Protease Activity. Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions A: Science 42: 353–361.
20. Rao, R.R., Platel, K., Srinivasan, K. 2003. In vitro influence of spices and spice-active principles ondigestive enzymes of rat pancreas and small intestine. Molecular Nutrition and Food Research 47(6): 408-412.
21. Rungraungsak-Torrisen, K., Moss, R., Andrew, L. H., Berg, A., Waagbo, R., 2006. Different expression of trypsin and chymotrypsin in relation to growth in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.). Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, 32: 7-23.
22. Saekhow, S., Thongprajukaew, K., Phromkunthong, W., Sae-Khoo, H., 2018. Minimal water volume for intensively producing male Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens Regan, 1910). Fish Physiology and Biochemistry 1-11.
23. Sahoo, P.K., 2005. Histological distribution and ultrastructure of exocrine pancreas in Indian major carp (Labeo rohita Ham.) and its alteration in aflatoxicosis. Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries Research, 4 (1): 1–6.
24. Santacroce, M.P. and C. Zizzadoro. 2008. Aflatoxins in aquatic species: metabolism, toxicity and perspectives. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries 18: 99–130.
25. Zarghi, H., A. Golian, and H. Kermanshahi. 2015. The effect of rosemary hydro-alcoholic (Rosmarinus Officinalis L.) extract on performance and egg quality in laying hens. Iranian Journal of Animal Science 46(1): 1-8. (In Persian).