1. Alshawabkeh, K. 1996. The effect of whey supplementation in feed of broiler Chicks challenged with Salmonella gallinarum. Dirasat-series- B, Pure and Applied Science 23: 8-13.
2. Apata D. F. 2008. Growth performance, nutrient digestibility and immune response of broiler chicks fed diets supplemented with a culture of Lactobacillus balgaricus. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 88: 1253-1258.
3. Awad, W. A., K. Ghareeb, S. Abdel-Raheem, and J. Böhm. 2009. Effects of dietary inclusion of probiotic and synbiotic on growth performance, organ weights, and intestinal histomorphology of broiler chickens. Poultry Science 88: 49–55.
4. Bilgili, S. F. and E. T. Moran. 1990. Influence of whey and probiotic- Supplemented withdrawal feed on the retention of Salmonella intubated into market age broiler. Poultry Science 69: 1670-167
5. Chichlowski, M., J. Croom, B. D. McBride, G. B. Havenstein, and M. D. Koci. 2007. Metabolic and physiological Impact of probiotics or direct-fed-microbials on poultry (review). International Journal of Poultry Science 6: 694-704.
6. Corrier, R., A. Hinton, R. Ziprin, and J.R. DeLoach. 1990. Effect of dietary lactose on salmonella colonization of market age broiler chickens. Avian Disease 34: 668-676.
7. Fan, Y., J. Croom, V. Christensen, B. Black, A. Bird, L. Daniel B. McBride, and E. Eisen. 1997. Jejunal glucose uptake and oxygen consumption in turkey poults selected for rapid growth. Poultry Science 76: 1738–1745.
8. Gulsen, N., B. Coskun, H.D. Umucalilar, F. Inal, and M. Boydak. 2002. Effect of lactose and dried whey supplementation on growth performance and histology of the immune system in broilers. Archive of Animal Nutrition 56:131-139.
9. Gunal, M., G. Yayli, O. Kara, N. Karahan, and O. Sulak. 2006. The effect of antibiotic growth promoter, probiotic or organic acid supplementation on performance, intestinal microflora and tissue of broilers. International Journal of Poultry Science 5: 149-155.
10. Kabir S. M. L. 2009. The role of probiotics in the poultry industry. International Journal of Molecular Science 10:3531-3546.
11. Kermanshahi, H., and H. Rostami. 2006. Influence of supplemental dried whey on broiler performance and cecal flora. International Journal of Poultry Science 5: 538-543
12. Khan, R.U. and S. Naz. 2013. The applications of probiotics in poultry production. World’s poultry Science Journal 69: 621-632.
13. Laudadio, V., L. Passantino, A. Perillo, G. Lopresti, A. Passantino, R. U. Khan and V. Tufarelli. 2012. Productive performance and histological features of intestinal mucosa of broiler chickens fed different dietary protein levels. International Journal of Poultry Science 91: 265–270
14. Malganji, Sh., M. J. Eivani, S. Sohrabvandi, and A. M. Mortazaviyan. 2012. Probiotics and their health benefits. Food Science and Food Industry Iran 5: 579-590.
15. Mehri, M., A. Zareshahne, and A. H. Samie. 2004. The effects of whey powder on the performance of broiler chickens. Journal of Agricultural Sciences Iran 35: 1007-1013.
16. Momtazan, R., H. Mravej, M. Zaghari, and M. Bahmani. 2011. Synchronic use of multi-enzyme and probiotic on performance of broilers with wheat and barley based diet. Veterinary Journal (Pajouhesh & Sazandegi) 93:19-32.
17. Nelson, N. A., N. Lakshmanan, and S. J. Lamont. 1995. Sheep red blood cell and Brucella abortus antibody responses in chickens selected for multitrait immunocompetence. Poultry Science 74: 1603–1609
18. Orban. J. L., J. A. Patterson, A. L. Sutton, and J. N. Richards. 1997. Effect of source thermal oligosaccharide caramel, dietary vitamin- mineral level and brooding temperature and growth and intestinal bacterial populations of broiler chickens. Poultry Science 76: 482-490.
19. Pluske, J. R., M. J. Tompson, C. S. Atwood, P. H. Bird, I. H. Williams, and P. E. Hartmann. 1996. Maintenance of villus height and crypt depth and enhancement of disaccharide digestion and monosaccharide absorption, in piglets fed on cows’ whole milk after weaning. British Journal Nutrition 76: 409–422.
20. Rastad, A., A. Samie, and F. Daneshvar. 2008. Effects Lactose and whey on performance and carcass characteristics of broiler chickens. JWSS - Journal of Water and Soil Science (Journal of Sciences and Technology of Agriculture and Natural Resources) 12: 473-480.
21. Salma, U., A.G. Miha, T. Make, M. Nishimura, and H. Tsujii. 2007. Effect of fatty acid composition in broiler meat. Poultry Science 86:1920-1926.
22. Shamoto, K. and K. Yamauchi. 2000. Recovery responses of chick intestinal villus morphology to different feeding procedures. Poultry Science 79: 718–723.
23. Shariatmadari, F., and J.M. Forbes. 2005. Performance of broiler chickens given whey in the food and/or drinking water. British Poultry Science 46: 498-505.
24. Taheri, H. R., H. Moravej, A. Malakzadegan, F. Tabandeh, M. Zaghari, M. Shivazad, and M. Adibmorad. 2010. Efficacy of Pedicoccus acid lactici-based probiotic on intestinal Coliforms and villus height, serum cholesterol level and performance of broiler chickens. African Journal of Biotechnology 9: 7564-7567.
25. Taherpour, K., H. Moravej, M. Shivazad, M. Adibmoradi, and B. Yakhchali. 2009. Effect of dietary probiotic, prebiotic and butyric acid glycerides on performance and serum composition in broiler chickens. African Journal of Biotechnology 8: 2329-2334 .
26. Torres-Rodriguez A., C. Sartor, S. E.Higgins, A. D. Wolfenden, L. R. Bielke, C. M. Pixley, L. Sutton, G. Tellez, and B. M. Hargis. 2005. Effect of Aspergillus meal prebiotic (Fermacto) on performance of broiler chickens in the starter phase and fed Low protein diets. Journal of Applied Poultry Research 14: 665-669.