عنوان مقاله [English]
Anthrax is one of the most important zoonotic diseases in the world that it has been caused by Bacillus anthracis. Ruminant’s vaccination is the most effective strategy to control the disease in Iran. in this study, the potential immunogenicity of (Sterne 34F2) and acute (17jb) vaccinal laboratory strains in animals model and the potential of polyvalan antiserum production are examinated. in this study, the amount of bacterial growth (5×106cfu) of above strains were prepared in blood agar by ultrasonic method and then the rate of protein was determinated by lowry method. Twelve rabbits divided to six groups and injected intramusculary a certain amount of live bacteria strains three times by two weeks intervals. After ten days of last injection, the blood samples were taken from the marginal vein in three times with ten days interval. The rate and stability of antibodies were determinated by indirect ELISA. The results showed that the production of antibodies have the highest quantity in groups that injected with 5×105 cfu 17jb strain after thirty days of first injection.
1. Abrami, L., Bischofberger, M., Kunz, B., Groux, R., & van der Goot, F. G. 2010. Endocytosis of the anthrax toxin is mediated by clathrin, actin and unconventional adaptors. PLoS Pathog, 6(3), e1000792.
2. Chen, Z., Moayeri, M. and Purcell, R., 2011. Monoclonal antibody therapies against anthrax. Toxins, 3(8), pp.1004-1019.
3. Chakraborty, A., Khan, S. U., Hasnat, M. A., Parveen, S., Islam, M. S., Mikolon, A., ... & Zaki, S. R. 2012. Anthrax outbreaks in Bangladesh, 2009–2010. The American journal of tropical medicine and hygiene, 86(4), 703-710.
4. Chikerema, S. M., Matope, G., & Pfukenyi, D. M. 2013. Awareness and attitude toward Zoonoses with particular reference to anthrax among cattle owners in selected rural communities of Zimbabwe. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases, 13(4), 243-249.
5. Chitlaru, T., Altboum, Z., Reuveny, S., & Shafferman, A. 2011. Progress and novel strategies in vaccine development and treatment of anthrax. Immunological reviews, 239(1), 221-236.
6. Hicks, C. W., Sweeney, D. A., Cui, X., Li, Y., & Eichacker, P. Q. 2012. An overview of anthrax infection including the recently identified form of disease in injection drug users. Intensive care medicine, 38(7), 1092-1104.
7. Ghosh, N., Gunti, D., Lukka, H., Reddy, B. R., Padmaja, J., & Goel, A. K. 2015. Development & validation of a quantitative anti-protective antigen IgG enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for serodiagnosis of cutaneous anthrax. Indian Journal of Medical Research, 142(2), 196.
8. Hashemi, S. A., Azimian, A., Nojumi, S., Garivani, T., Safamanesh, S., & Ghafouri, M. 2015. A case of fatal gastrointestinal anthrax in north eastern Iran. Case reports in infectious diseases, 2015.
9. Honari, H., Mehrazin, H., Saadati, M., & Minaei, M. E. 2013. Production of polycolonal antibody against domain 2-4 of protective antigen of Bacillus anthracis in laboratory animals. Journal of Shahrekord University of Medical Sciences, 15(6), 35-43.
10. Irenge, L. M., & Gala, J. L. 2012. Rapid detection methods for Bacillus anthracis in environmental samples: a review. Applied microbiology and biotechnology, 93(4), 1411-1422.
11. Livingston, B. D., Little, S. F., Luxembourg, A., Ellefsen, B., & Hannaman, D. 2010. Comparative performance of a licensed anthrax vaccine versus electroporation based delivery of a PA encoding DNA vaccine in rhesus macaques. Vaccine, 28(4), 1056-1061.
12. Lovchik, J. A., Drysdale, M., Koehler, T. M., Hutt, J. A., & Lyons, C. R. 2012. Expression of either lethal toxin or edema toxin by Bacillus anthracis is sufficient for virulence in a rabbit model of inhalational anthrax. Infection and immunity, 80(7), 2414-2425.
13. Rao, S. S., Mohan, K. V., & Atreya, C. D. 2010. Detection technologies for Bacillus anthracis: prospects and challenges. Journal of microbiological methods, 82(1), 1-10.
14. Sweeney, Hicks, C.W., D.A., Cui, X., Li, Y. and Eichacker, P.Q., 2012. An overview of anthrax infection including the recently identified form of disease in injection drug users. Intensive care medicine, 38(7), pp.1092-1104..
15. Turnbull, P. C., Broster, M. G., Carman, J. A., Manchee, R. J., & Melling, J. A. C. K. 1986. Development of antibodies to protective antigen and lethal factor components of anthrax toxin in humans and guinea pigs and their relevance to protective immunity. Infection and immunity, 52(2), 356-363.
16. Walper, S. A., Anderson, G. P., Lee, P. A. B., Glaven, R. H., Liu, J. L., Bernstein, R. D., ... & Goldman, E. R. 2012. Rugged single domain antibody detection elements for Bacillus anthracis spores and vegetative cells. PloS one, 7(3), e32801.