عنوان مقاله [English]
This experiment was conducted to evaluate the effect of different concentrations of nanoparticles on blood factors and serum biochemical parameters of Barbus gyrpus. The experiment was conducted in a completely randomized design with 150 shirbut (with average weight of 40.12±9.01 g) in five treatments and three replicates (n=10 in each replicate). The treatments included control group (G1) without using nonoparticles, and experimental groups (treatments G2, G3, G4 and G5) with nonoparticle concentrations of 1.10 LC50, 1.20 LC50, 1.40 LC50 and 1.80 LC50, respectively. Hematological and biochemical parameters were measured on days 0, 7, 14 and 21. The red blood counts showed a significant increase in G3, G4 and G5 on days 7, 14 and 21 (P <0.05). Glucose level in G3, G4 and G5 on days 7, 14 and 21 and in G2 on days 14 and 21 increased significantly (P <0.05). The urea and uric acid levels did not show significant difference in different days and experimental treatments (P>0.05). Cholesterol level in treatment G3 on days 14 and 21, and treatments G4 and G5 on days 7, 14 and 21 was significantly reduced (P <0.05). Triglyceride level in treatment G2 on day 21 and treatment G3 on days 14 and 21 and G4 and G5 on days 7, 14 and 21 significantly decreased (P<0.05). It can be concluded that sub-lethal concentrations of silver nanoparticles, has a relative impact on blood factors and serum biochemical parameters, in addition to the effect on stress responses, and we should be cautious in the use of these substances in aquaculture.
1. Ademuyiwa, O., R. Ugbaja, S. Rotimi, E. Abam, B. Okediran, O. Dosumu and B. Onunkwor. 2007. Erythrocyte acetylcholinesterase activity as a surrogate indicator of lead-induced neurotoxicity in occupational lead exposure in Abeokuta, Nigeria. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology 24: 183–188.
2. Aydın, R. and K. Köprücü. 2005. Acute toxicity of diazinon on the common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) embryos and larvae. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology 82 (3): 220–225.
3. Banaee, M., A. Sureda, A. R. Mirvaghefi and K. Ahmadi. 2010. Effects of diazinon on biochemical parameters of blood in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology 99: 1-6.
4. Bar-Ilan, O., R.M. Albrecht, V.E. Fako and D.Y. Furgeson. 2009. Toxicity assessments of multisized gold and silver nanoparticles in zebra fish embryos. Small 5: 1897-1910.
5. Boudou, A. and F. Ribeyre. 1997. Aquatic ecotoxicology: From the ecosystem to the cellular and molecular levels. Environmental Health Perspectives 105: 21–35.
6. Chae,Y. J., C. H. Pham, J. Lee, E. Bae, J. Yi and M. B. Gu. 2009. Evaluation of the toxic impact of silver nanoparticles on Japanese medaka (Oryzias latipes) Aquatic Toxicology 94: 320-327.
7. Chopra, I. 2007.The increasing use of silver-based products as antimicrobial agents: A useful development or a cause for concern. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 59: 587-590.
8. Di Giulio, R. T. and D. E. Hinton. 2008. The Toxicology of Fishes. CRC Press, New York.
9. Hogstrand, C. and C. M. Wood. 1998. Toward a better understanding of the bioavailability, physiology, and toxicity of silver in fish: Implications for water quality criteria. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 17: 547–561
10. Imani, M., M. Halimi and H. Khara. 2014. Effects of silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) on hematological parameters of rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss. Comparatve Clinical Pathology 24: 491-495.
11. Izadkhast, Z. 2008. Evaluation of serum electrolyte parameters in farmed grypus (Barbus grypus) in Khuzestan. Ph.D. thesis. Chamran University of Ahvaz, Ahvaz, Iran.
12. Farkas, J., P. Christianc, J. Alberto, G. Urread, N. Roose, M. Hassel, K. E. Tollefsena and K. V. Thomasa. 2009. Effects of silver and gold nanoparticles on rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) hepatocytes. Aquatic Toxicology 96: 44-52.
13. Laban, G., L. F. Nies, R. F. Turco, J. W. Bickham and M. S. Sepúlveda. 2010. The effects of silver nanoparticles on fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas) embryos. Ecotoxicology 19: 185-195.
14. Mohammadi, A. 2011. Effects of exposure to diazinon on some hematological parameters and serum lysozyme activity benni (Barbus sharpeyi). Ph.D. thesis. Chamran University of Ahvaz, Ahvaz, Iran.
15. Mohapatra, B. C. and K. Rengarajan 1995. A Manual of Bioassays in the Laboratory and their Techniques. CMFRI Special Publication, Cochin, India.
16. Pereira, L., M. N. Fernandes and C. B. R. Martinez. 2013. Hematological and biochemical alterations in the fish Prochilodus lineatus caused by the herbicide clomazone. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology 36: 1-8.
17. Rajkumar, K. S., N. Kanipandian and R. Thirumurugan. 2016. Toxicity assessment on haemotology, biochemical and histopathological alterations of silver nanoparticles-exposed freshwater fish Labeo rohita. Applied Nanoscience 6: 19–29.
18. Sepici-Dinçel, A., A. Çağlan Karasu Benli, M. Selvi, R. Sarıkaya, D. Şahin, I. Ayhan Özkul and F. Erkoç. 2009. Sublethal cyfluthrin toxicity to carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) fingerlings: Biochemical, hematological, histopathological alterations. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety 72: 1433-1439.
19 Shahbazzadeh, D. A., H. B. Ahari, N. M. Rahimi, F. Dastmalchiand and M. Soltani. 2009. The effects of Nano silver on survival percentage of rainbow trout. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 8: 1178-1180.
20. Sondi, I. and B. Salopek-Sondi. 2004. Silver nanoparticles as antimicrobial agent: a case study on E. coli as a model for Gram-negative bacteria. Advances in Colloid Interface Science 275: 177-182.