عنوان مقاله [English]
Kor is a river in Fars province, Iran and its paths crossing agricultural areas, cities and villages collects pollutants. The aim of this study was to evaluate the microbial quality of Kor River and microbial indicators such as total and fecal coliforms. In this survey, in order to study the Coliform pollution of Kor River, three layers from surface, intermediate and sediment were sampled in three stations (from downstream to up river Band Amir, Pol Khan and Hossein Abad respectively,).Sampling was done monthly during 9 months. From March 2004 to November 2004. The pollution by standard diagnosis of Coliform was completely examined. The results showed that the most pollution was found in surface layer of river. Besides, the highest Coliform count was seen in September. Maximum and minimum of total coliforms and fecal coliforms in surface water was observed in Ban Amir and Pol Khan (16000 /100ml and 16000 / ml) and Hossein Abad (60/100ml and (50/100ml) respectively. The results showed none pollution up dorodzan dam and intense pollution in downstream of it in difference months, The results showed that using total and fecal coliforms indicators are economy and quick method for good assessment of pollution specifically have strictly in seasons polluted.
1. Anderson, K.A. 2000. Drinking water & Recreational water quality: Microbiological Criteria
2. Ayulo, A.M., R.A. Machado and V.M. Scussel. 1994. Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureusin fish and seafood from the southern region of Brazil. International Journal of
Food Microbiology 24: 171–178.
3. Barob, E.J. and S.M. Figold. 1999. Diagnostic Microbiology. pp. 728-748. in C.V. Mosbyco, S.t. Louis (ed), Environment Agency The Microbiology of Drinking water part 1 – Water Quality and Public Health. Addison-WesleyEducational Publishers Inc., USA.
4. Chao, L.W. and R. Feng. 1990. Survival of genetically engineered Escherichia coli natural soil and river water. Journal of Applied Bacteriology 68: 319–325.
5. Chattopadhyay, P. 2000. Fish–catching and handling. In: Robinson R.K. (ed.): Encyclopedia of Food Microbiology. Academic Press, London.
6. FAO. 2010. FAO expert workshop on the application of biosecurity measures to control salmonella contamination in sustainable aquaculture. Mangalore, India.
7. Haffar, M., M.R. Ahmadi and M. Yahyavi. 2010. Bioassessment of Kor river (Fars province) in different seasons by use Community Structure Macrobenthic Scientific journal of Aquatic Organisms and Fisheries 1(1), 21-34.
8. Jamalzadeh, F. and A. Afzar. 1995. Investigation of biotic and abiotic River Shafaroud. Fisheries Research Center of Gilan.
9. Khatib haghighi, S., A. Ghane and M. Nahrvar. 2008. Survey the Coliform pollution in the Shafarood river of Guilan Province. Fisheries Journal 1:1-11.
10. Lee, G.F. and A. Jones-Lee. 1996. Evaluation of the Water Quality Significance of the Chemical Constituents in Aquatic Systems: Coupling Sediment Quality Evaluation Results to Significant Water Quality Impacts,” To be presented at Water Environment Federation national conference Dallas, TX, 480p.
11. Lenat, D.1993. A Biotic Index for Southern United States, Derivation and List of tolerance values with Criteria for assessing Water Quality Ratings, Journal of the North American Benthological Society 12:279- 290.
12. Macfaddin, J.F. 2000. Biochemical tests for identification of medical bacterial. Lippincott Willams & Wilkins. UK.
13. Mahmoodi, M.M. and F. Javanmardi. 2009. Determination of the amount and origin of fecal bacteria in Parishan Lake. Journal of Biology 22 (4): 566-733.
14. Melat parast, A. 1992. Assesment of water ecosystem through dissolved oxygen in water. Fisheries Research Center of Gilan.
15. Melat Zadeh, F. and M. Shamat. 2000. Microbiology, Agigh.Tehran.
16. Mosavi dehmordi, L. and A. Savari. 2013. Physical and chemical factors of water effects on the ctenophore Pleurobrachia sp. abundance in Doragh and Ghazaleh creeks in Khozestan province. Journal of Biology 26(4): 478-489.
17. Muniesa, M., J. Jofre, C. Garcia-Aljaro and A.R. Blanch. 2006. Occurrence of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and other enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli in the environment. Environmental Science Technology 40: 7141–7149.
18. Noel, R. and M. Krieg. 1989. Bergys manual of systematic Bacteriology. Williams and Wilkins Baltimore, UK.
19. Nybakken James, W.1997. Marine biology An Ecological Approach. Addison-Wesley, Educational Publishers Inc., USA.
20. Ostovan, H. and J. Niakan. 2005. Faunistic and biocenotic studies on aquatic beetles in southern and northern shores of Parishan lake. Journal of Agricultural Sciences of Islamic Azad University 10(4):93-116.
21. Ostovan, H. 2009. Estimation of field biotic index and water quality of Kor River in autumn season using aquatic insect's fauna. Plant Protection Journal 1(1): 1-11.
22. Parajuli, P. B. 2007. SWAT bacteria sub-model evaluation and application. Doctor of Philosophy doctorial dissertation. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering Standard method, Examination of water and waste water. pp 9-53.
23.Pazira, A., S.M. Emami, E. Kouhgardi, S. Vatandoost and R. Akrami. 2008. The effect of the environmental parameters on biodiversity of macrobentose in Dalaki and Helle river of Boushehr. Journal of Fisheries 4: 1-9.
24.. Roshan Tabari, M. 1996. The final report of Hydrobiology and hydrology Chalos River Fisheries Research Center of Mazandaran, 35 p.
25. Shayesteh Far, A.R., A. Hamta, F. Shirazi and R. Azimi. 2012. Ciliophora from ghareh – kahriz river (khoshk), markazii province, Iran. Journal of Biology. 25(3): 389-395.
26. Shekarforoush, S.S., S.M. Razavi Rohani, G. Karim, S.M.M. Kiaie, N. Rokni and M. Abbasvali. 2013. Study on the overview on food borne bacteria in food with animal origin in Iran; Part three: seafood. Journal of Food Hygiene 2; 15-32.
27. US EPA, 1995."Stay of Federal Water Quality Criteria for Metals; Water Quality Standards; Establishment of Numeric Criteria for Priority Toxic Pollutants; States' Compliance-Revision of Metals Criteria; Final Rules, Federal Register 60(86): 22228-22237.
28. Yaghoubzadeh, Z. and Safari R. (2015). Evaluation of bacterial contamination of surface waters of Haraz River. Journal of Molecular and cellular Reserches 28(1), 136-144.
29. Zimmerman, M.C. (1993). The Use of the Biotic Index as Indication of Water Quality, pp. 85-98, In: Goldman, C.A., Hauta, P.L., O’Donnell, M.A., Andrews, S.E. & van der Heiden, R. (Eds.) Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching, Vol. 5, Proceedings of the 5th Workshop/Conference of the Association for Biology Laboratory Education (ABLE).